Saturday, November 1, 2008

Where I Left Off ...

So perhaps I should start posting again where I initially left off in May. We had a lot going on this summer (perhaps evident by my lack of posting). Towards the end of May …

Many of our good friends moved out of VA as they graduated from dental school. It was bittersweet to have them all go … wonderful that they were all headed for great practices/residencies, but sad for us because we miss them. But perhaps the best part for Ryan is that he moved into their vacated spot as a "4th year".

We started potty training ... and yes we are still "training".Everyone has told me that boys are much harder to train then girls. But I have had the exact opposite problem. Carson loves to use the toilet ... Kamryn - not so much. At this point she tells me she wants to use the toilet just so she can get Mom to read her lots and lots of books. We could seriously read for an hour and as soon as we are done and the diaper goes back on ... well let's just say I then get to change her diaper, again.

Kamryn & Carson have spent a great deal of time at the Children's Museum of Richmond (http://www.c-mor.org/). It is a great place for them to explore and have fun.
A big shout out thanks to Grammie & Papa for their membership pass!

Of course we spent a great deal of time at the zoo - Kamryn & Carson love to feed the giraffes, but are terrified of them at the same time.And they just can't get enough of Samantha & Payton - they always want to play!

Yup - turned the big 3 0 this month. Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE breakfast. So the kids took me to breakfast (with the help of Daddy) for my birthday. ***Notice everyone is wearing a hat? Ryan & I had our hats on that morning and the kids wouldn't get in the car until we went back inside the house and found each of them a hat to wear.

Gotta love the fabulous month of May!

3 comments:

Heidi Hamilton said...

Wow - you are the blogging QUEEN now! Love your pictures.
And yes - it's been almost a year & my McKinley still is not 100% potty trained. Probably closer to 90%.

Nici said...

I turned 30 this year too (well, only about 26 days ago). I also had breakfast for my birthday dinner! :)

Andrea Fowler said...

Happy 30th Mindi! It's an exciting time! I too turned the big 3-0 in August and it wasn't nearly as traumatic as I thought it would be.