Sunday, November 2, 2008

JUNE

The month of June began with a wonderful visit from Ryan’s brother Matt & his family. Matt & Family were in the process of moving to Paris, France. Their visit was WAY too short for our liking - but we still had a great time. Matt, Kristen and our adorable niece Courtney and nephews Robbie & Ryan are in France now and loving it. You can read more about their adventures by clicking on the link to their blog.

We hope we will be able to go visit them in France and have personal tour guides to show us around.

A few days after Matt & Kristen left, I got to trade in my awesome running shoes for this ... Being my clumsy self, I tripped over the kitchen chair and broke my foot. Up until that moment, I had never broken a bone before, so this has certainly been a new level of pain for me. Well the doctor told me 6 weeks and I’d be back to normal. I was so bummed because I had just bought my brand-new cherry red double jogger. I’d have to take a 6-week break and not run every morning with the twins. What was supposed to take only 6 weeks to heal has actually taken 5 months (and counting). Yup, the foot is still broken and I am still unable to run. Luckily for me though, I have done a fair bit of swimming in my day. So after MUCH negotiation (perhaps begging on my part) and a reward of 2 gummy worms a day, I take Kamryn & Carson to the child-watch at the YMCA every morning so I can go swim laps. My doctor now tells me (with a big smile on his face), “We will have this thing healed by Christmas!” Huh? 6 weeks? Whatever. Try 6 months. We will seriously need to have a big party here the day I get to dust off my running shoes and setup my double jogger. (I just hope my almost 30 lbs./each twins aren’t too heavy for me to push!)

5 days after breaking my foot, we took Kamryn down to VCU to have her tonsils and adenoids removed. My mother came up to watch Carson and they had a great day playing. Kamryn on the other hand did not have such a happy day. We had been through this same surgery with Carson a few months earlier. Due to his age and inability to talk, it was a very difficult time – a 22-day nightmare to be exact. Kamryn’s tonsils were not as big as Carson’s so we decided to wait on her surgery until she was a tad older. It was a successful surgery – a million times better then Carson’s. And she was back to her normal self in 10 days. I think it was a bit traumatic for her though, since she can still recall much of her surgery and how bad her throat hurt. But the summer has been free of strep throat runs to the pediatrician and I couldn’t be happier!

0 comments: