
Last weekend we decided to have a little "family day" and took the kids to the Richmond Metro Zoo.
I have only been to 2 large zoos in my life before moving to Richmond - the Kansas City Zoo and the larger and better Cincinnati Zoo. But the Richmond Zoo has its own “special-ness” that we love. 1st of all, it is privately owned - I love the personal-nature of the zoo, knowing a family personally loves and cares for the animals. (And I always find it funny when you drive into the parking lot of the zoo – their private residence is right to the side of the lot.) It is a much smaller zoo - which I love for 2 reasons - 1: we can make it through the whole zoo in 2 hours - before the kids have a break down & 2: it is the most up close and personal experience we have ever had in a zoo. At the Richmond Zoo, visitors are allowed to get right up and close with so many animals - the giraffes being the absolute best highlight. They eat right out of your hand.


It is wonderful fun. Carson and Kamryn can't stop talking about their morning at the zoo.
Below are a few of pictures from awesome trips we have had at the zoo to visit our friends - Jana & Ty and meet their "babies". Tyler got to practice a little dentistry recently on one of the lions. As you can imagine Ryan was just a bit jealous!

This is Jana with the twins. She was the primary caretaker of Quincy - the adorable chimp in her arms.

Farley is the sweetest little guy. You would be amazed at how STRONG this boy is! Once he has a hold of you, he doesn't always let go. See Ryan below.




3 comments:
How fun to actually get to interact with the animals!
What wonderful pictures. I remember when you first took the kids; I can't believe how small they are in their bumbos!!
I love the monkey Courtney
Post a Comment