I have a problem. I admit it. I am in LOVE with Cadbury Eggs. Only the original, large Cadbury Eggs will do. My mouth is watering as I type. Tell me, how in the world is a girl suppose to train for the Monument 10K with Cadberry Eggs currently for sale?! I had my first Cadbury of 2009 last night when Ryan bought 6 at the grocery store. I was so excited - it was Christmas all over again! Of course I immediately shoved one in my mouth on my way up to bed (it is very good on the teeth!) - had another 1 for breakfast (wholesome) - Ryan stole one for school (do you blame him?) - I ate another 1 for lunch (seriously, I can't help myself) ... leaving 2 for dinner and bedtime. As the eggs dwindle in numbers, they become more and more precious.
And my lovely twins wholeheartedly agree. This afternoon I came downstairs to find 2 of the happiest little chocolate faces you have ever seen (and nope, I wasn't looking in a mirror). I am not kidding that I actually choked back a tear when I realized they had found my last 2 precious eggs.
Quality Nutritional Facts:
Fat 7 g
Saturated 4.5 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 15 mg
Carbohydrates 28 g
Sugars 24 g
Calories 180
Cadbury Dispute
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8gL83wBRIl8&feature=related
Lesser-Known Facts about Cadbury Eggs:
*Did you know they come is several varieties?
Mini Creme Eggs (bite-sized Creme Eggs)
Caramel Eggs (soft caramel filling)
Mini Caramel Eggs (bite-sized Caramel Eggs)
Chocolate Creme Eggs (chocolate fondant filling)
Orange Creme Eggs (Creme Eggs with a hint of orange flavor)
Mint Creme Eggs ( green "yolk" and mint flavor chocolate)
Dairy Milk with Creme Egg bars
Creme Egg Fondant in a Narrow Cardboard Tube (limited edition)
Creme Egg ice cream with a fondant sauce in milk chocolate
Dream Eggs (white chocolate with white chocolate fondant filling)
Cadbury McFlurry (British and Canadian McDonald's Only) McFlurry soft serve mix with Creme Egg & chocolate filling.
Creme Egg Twisted
Holiday Ornament Creme Egg
Homemade Cadbury Eggs
Ingredients:
1/2 cups light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 teas. vanilla
1/4 teas. salt
3 cups powdered sugar
4 drops yelllow food coloring
2 drops red food coloring
1 − 12 oz. bag milk chocolate chips
2 Tbls. shortening
Directions:
Combine corn syrup, butter, vanilla and salt in large bowl. Beat well with electric mixer. Add sugar, one cup at a time, mixing by hand after each addition. Remove about 1/3 of the mix and place in small bowl. Add yellow & red coloring and stir. Cover both mixes and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
When mixes are firm, roll a small ball from the orange filling and wrap around it a portion of the white filling that is twice that size. Form into the shape of an egg and place onto a cookie sheet that has been brushed with shortening. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Refrigerate 3−4 hrs.
Combine chocolate chips with shortening in glass bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Then stir and microwave another minute. Use a fork to dip each center into the chocolate. Place candy onto wax paper to dry. After 1−2 hours of chilling, dip each candy one more time and chill.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Cadberry Eggs - The REAL Egg Mother Nature Intended
Posted by The Buckwalter Four at 8:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
HAHA you are so funny Mindi. I have to say I don't care for those but I do have a love for most other chocolates. :)
Oh my heavens....you posted something!!! Fabulous job!! Now keep it up and put some pictures of your kids up so their favorite aunt can see them!!!! When is your race? You didn't tell me about it. Maybe you can come here and do one with me sometime after I can actually start running....
I found your blog Mindi!
And I have to say that I have also already inhaled my first Cadberry Egg of the season. And it sure aint the last.
What a dangerous treat indeed...
Mindi, You have made your Scottish Gramie & Papa very happy. We loved getting on your blog today. What a wonderful ray of sunshine when the weather is -2 here in Scotland. You certainly warmed our hearts. We love you guys and think about you all the time.
Don't wait so long to post another blog....we are always anxious to see what the kids are upto. Love you guys, Mom B
Post a Comment