
Yes, I had a moment of insanity when I decided to take the twins to get their 2.5-year-old pictures taken ... BY MYSELF. Please know that picture day is an INCREDIBLE amount of work for us (Ryan & I), the photographerS (yes it usually takes 2-3 photographers to hold the attention of 2 2.5 yos). I truly MUST have been insane to think this would be a peice of cake.
On a side note … I honestly should have had these pictures done at the 1st of July, but with all of our fabulous vacations during the summer, I never had time. And now Ryan is out of town every week until mid-December, so I decided I didn't have a choice and I had to do it on my own. (Of course, they are now 2.75 yos and I should probably take them back in 2 months for their 3 yo pictures ... YEAH RIGHT! It's Daddy's turn!!!) 
Picture day started out like this - we had the 1st appointment of the day - 9:10am. (Moms – ALWAYS ask for the 1st appointment. You’ll be so glad you did.) I bathed the kids the night before, put Kamryn's hair in curlers (which she pulled out after 1 hour), pressed/packed up the kids’ outfits the night before and had them all ready to go for the morning. I even made a snack bag with treats to use as "incentives" to behave.
I woke them earlier then normal, fed them breakfast, sang songs (remember – we are HAPPY HAPPY), talked about how fun it is to smile for the cameraman. And I even had them stand in front of the mirror to practice their "smile face". Got to the studio at 9am, promptly stripped Kamryn down - redressed her in all the fixin's and moved to Carson. Looking at the time, I was quite proud of myself that it was only 9:05am - 5 minutes to go. Stripped Carson down, put his shirt/vest on ... and then ... I realized I forgot his shorts! Shoot me now. I am dripping sweat already! I asked the photographer for a new photo day, but he assured me they would stay on time all day and be waiting for us at 10:15am. I undressed/redressed both kids in their play clothes, then back in the car to head home for Carson's shorts. Back in the car 30 mins. later - again pleased with myself for the happy state of both my children and this time I had EVERYTHING I needed. I was even 15 minutes early for this session. I stripped both kids down, refixed hair, everything was perfect. Now we wait ... and wait ... and wait. To my annoyance - the photographer was now 45 minutes behind. Any idea how hard it is to keep toddlers happy in an overcrowded photo studio, with no room to move. By the time they were ready for Kamryn & Carson, Carson & Kamryn were done. We (meaning myself and 3 other photographers) surprisingly got both to smile for a few shots. In the end, I missed my time at the gym that day, but got a great workout standing on my head to get K&C to just smile and behave.

So next time I have a moment of insanity, shoot me first and then tell Daddy - IT'S YOUR TURN!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
My Moment Of Insanity
Posted by The Buckwalter Four at 10:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Our cuties are adorable and I have to say your hard work paid off. So good to read you blog or even better yet -- talk to you on the phone for 2 1/2 hours!!! It was great, we'll have to do it again soon.
ADORABLE!! I have totally been there. It literally requires a photographer to hit himself in the face with something to make all three of my boys smile AND look at the camera all at the same time.
Way to go, Momma! I just can't even imagine having twins... and then going to take photos... by yourself! You deserve a night out for that one!
Glad to see you're blogging again! I'm in the same boat. I'm still in need of posting since August!!! I'm a slacker, what can I say!?! :o)
YEAH!! Cute kids! I am glad you put some pictures up for their favorite aunt to see!! =)
I am in love with these two all over again. I can't even tell you how much bigger they look to me. What beautiful children. Good job Mindi. And thank you so, so much for sharing the pics & updating your blog.
Nice work. Cute cute kids!
Finally! Very cute pictures! I hope we get to see them at Christmas time.
Finally, a new post! I love to hear about what you all are doing, and see pics of the kids. That is rough taking them to get pics done. I don't have twins, but taking my 2 by myself is enough for me!
They both look so cute. Your day sounded so crazy. I could not do that stuff.
The pictures are great! I can't believe how big they are - so CUTE!!!
Post a Comment